2024/07/26

Set up VXDIAG Ford and FDRS for 2024 Maverick

Here comes the user review of vxdiag vcx nano Ford and FDRS on a 2024 Ford Maverick.

 

“FDRS is the software Ford Dealerships use for Programming and Diagnosis on all Fords (specifically 2018+). I am using the VXDIAG VCX NANO FORD OBD2 adapter. It is $89 on vxdiagshop.com. You must install VX MANAGER to install the driver for this OBD2 ADAPTER so it works for FDRS.   The driver for FDRS is in the download for the VX manager. I tried to download the VX manager beta and it would not let me because antivirus was kicking in but it let me install the latest release non beta. It’s working fine for me I followed the instructions.

I also bought a 2 day FDRS/IDS subscription for $50 from www.motorcraftservice.com . If I use FDRS again in the future I will have to purchase another 2 day license. You must have internet connection to use FDRS (at least for the first time). Low voltage can disrupt processes so you have to make sure you aren’t dropping below 12V at the bottom right. A trickle charger is recommended.

Here are some pictures I took of some of the toolbox options FDRS shows in the PCM, BCM, BECMB, AWD on my 2024 Maverick. This is pretty cool to see what can be done with FDRS and to see what the dealership technicians are seeing. Most processes are very easy to accomplish because of the detailed step by step instructions provided in the software. It was very easy to add the wireless keypad through FDRS!  It can also be used to upgrade any of the module firmware.  If there is a recall that is fixed by new firmware, Ford will do the upgrade for free. If there is a major bug that does not cause a safety issue then Ford may upgrade the firmware for free. But if there is a feature enhancement or minor bug fix, Ford will allow the dealers to do an upgrade but they will charge the customer. ”

VXDIAG Ford and FDRS for 2024 Maverick 1

VXDIAG Ford and FDRS for 2024 Maverick 2

VXDIAG Ford and FDRS for 2024 Maverick 3

VXDIAG Ford and FDRS for 2024 Maverick 4

VXDIAG Ford and FDRS for 2024 Maverick 5

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment